Dear Parents/ Carers,
We hope you had a good week. We had a busy one.
This week in P2 we have been learning:
In literacy we have learned a new vowel diagraph -ew as in -oo-. ( drew, stew, crew, etc).
This week at writing we have continued to learn how to write instructions. This time we wrote instructions on washing hands.
Handwriting: we have been working on how to write on cursive the letters a, g and q.
- Yesterday your child took home her/his reading book. We have been reading the book at school during the week therefore your child should be able to read the book without support (they might need support with some words). This is a showcase of their learning at school.
- The children also took home their words walls related to the stage book they are reading. They should become confident at reading these words.
- Handwriting, children could continue to practice writing in cursive their name and other names.
- Continue to practice reading and writing the spelling words of the block that your child took home.
- Ew as in oo song
- Another very useful resource that we use in class is Alphablocks. The children love this!
At Maths we have been learning about handling information, we have learned to make bar graphs.
We have continued to work on our numeracy skills through our SEAL programme (different groups will work with different numbers and skills depending on their abilities to be able to make progress accordingly).
- Our focus has been on Number structures using a ten frame.
You could create your own bar chart gathering information about favourite fruits, favourite sports, etc. of the family members and friends.
We have used this game to explore number ten frame:
This is another game that your child might find useful:
In PE we have worked on working as a team (outdoors) and ball skills (indoors): hand and feet ball skills.
IDL We have continued to work on our topic Polly Jean Pyjama Queen and our focus has been learning about habitats. We have loved learning about this!
- On Friday we will have Loose parts. Please ensure your child has appropriate clothing. We will be outdoors no matter the weather (unless torrential rain).
- Parents Consultations on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Please ensure your child brings a jacket every day to school. As mentioned above children will be outdoors in all weathers.
- Purple folder. Thank you for your support in emptying the purple folders each day.
- A reminder to name all items of clothing and shoes, and to check names on items brought home in case your child accidentally acquires a jumper belonging to someone else.
- We would appreciate donations of any unwanted empty or partially used notebooks or diaries (used pages can be removed). Also, any enticing writing implements (i.e., glittery pencils/gel pens/ pencils with feathers etc – anything other than standard school issue type pencils/pens). The children enjoy choosing resources from the table to use in their independent learning.
- We are looking for small pieces of ‘junk’ for modelling e.g., toothpaste boxes, tea bag boxes, snack bar boxes. The more interesting shapes the better!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs de Bonrostro