Please look through the blog post with your child so that they can tell you all about their learning activities in school this week.
PE sessions will be Wednesday morning, with occasional slots on a Monday afternoon. Weekly assembly is now Friday morning, and whole school assemblies may take place at other times.
Please use our spelling city homework page to access tricky word blocks and lists of spelling patterns to practise at home. A little often is really beneficial and we appreciate your support.
- We have been doing a variety of reading skills in class.
- We have been talking. listening and giving opinions and reasons
- We have been practising our hand writing, both cursive and non cursive.
- We have been learning about the split digraphs a-e and i-e.
- Practising spelling block 1/2/3/4/5 tricky words
Numeracy and Maths
- We have been learning about money, recognising, ordering, sorting and counting coins.
Here are two games that focus on ordering, sorting and counting money:
- We continued to consolidate our understanding of 3d shape, and their faces, vertices and edges.
- Developing fine motor control through a range of activities to promote pencil control.
- Enjoying the challenge of using our balance skills in the playground.
- Learning about the lifecycle of an owl.
- We have started learning some songs for our P2 show. More information coming soon.
Activities to try at home
Enjoy your holiday !