Your child will come home with lines to learn today or tomorrow. We won’t send home the whole script, only the lines your child should learn.
If your child has no lines in their purple bag then that is because these will be easily worked on in class.
Please check your child’s purple folder.
We will also send home a costume letter this week.
Can the lines be brought back to school each day?
Many thanks for all of your support,
The P2 Team 🙂
We have talked about and given out roles for our performance. The script will come home by the end of the week.
We will also send home costume ideas on a letter with the script.
The P2 Team 🙂
Week beginning 5.2.18
We are still looking for some junk for our classroom.
I will collect all reading books in today (Friday). We will begin reading when we return to school after the February holiday.
I have uploaded all tricky word sheets below. Please work on reading and spelling all of the words at home.
Numeracy and Maths
- We are continuing to subtract in class by counting backwards on a number line.
- We are continuing to tell the time- quarter past and to the hour.
- We are describing the position of an object- ‘to the left of’ and ‘to the right of’.
Topic (IDL- interdisciplinary learning)
- We have been discussing the weather in Scotland.
- We have been identifying weather symbols and creating our own weather forecasts in teams.
What we have enjoyed this week:
- Having our parents/carers visit our classroom
- PE in the new hall
- Improving our speed when answering addition calculations by playing ‘Around the World’.
Have a lovely holiday everyone!
Drop-in session: Tuesday 6th February 9 – 9.30
We will share some of our learning in literacy and numeracy from the past few weeks. The children in P2D have chosen the activities to share.
Please read a little each day. Can you recognise any soft ‘c’ words as you read?
We are continuing to work on the soft ‘c’ sound with ‘ance’ and ‘ence’.
Can you write a sentence with a word below:
We are continuing to work on subtraction in class. We are also telling the time to quarter past and quarter to.
We have been using the app ‘What’s the time Mr Wolf’. The children would like me to share the name of the app so parents/carers can download it at home.
Below are some websites we have been using
- We have been discussing which foods come from Scotland
- We sorted foods into categories.
What have we enjoyed this week:
- Using number lines to take away numbers
- Using the iPads during our maths rotation
- Maths challenge activities
- Writing about our Bedtime routine
- Creating our own soft ‘c’ for our learning wall
What would we like to do next week:
- More writing!
- Inviting our parents/carers into our classroom
- Work on spelling our tricky words
Just a little blog post to let all parents/carers know that we have started to prepare for our Easter show. Once all parts have been given out then we will then send a script home for you to work on with your child. We would very much appreciate your support with this at home. We will also be asking you all for a costume for your child but more information will follow after the February break.
We have started to learn a song this week. We will keep you updated on the blog with more information!
Many thanks for your support with this,
The P2 Team 🙂
Please can all learning stories be returned by Friday.
We have changed our PE timetable so our new PE days are below:
We are looking for a collection of junk from home. (boxes, tubs, tubes)
Your child will have a core book home in their purple bag. Please read a little each day. Can you spot any soft ‘c’ words as you read?
Each child has also been given a tricky word sheet to work on at home. Please read and spell the words in the grid. (See previous blog post)
We are learning all about the soft ‘c’ sound in ‘ice’.
Here are examples of words below:
We have been writing all about the poet ‘Robert Burns’. Can you share a fact about Robert Burns with a parent/carer at home?
Numeracy & Maths
This week we have been learning all about Subtraction and Time.
- To subtract a single digit from a 2 digit number
- To take away 10 from a number using a 100 square
- To tell the time to quarter past and quarter to.
- We have been identifying the main cities in Scotland. Which city is the capital city?
- We have been reading maps by using the vocabulary north, south, east and west. (Never Eat Shredded Wheat)
- We have been learning all about ‘Robert Burns’.
- We have been reading a Scottish poem ‘The Sair Finger’ and performing it in a group.
This week we have enjoyed:
- Exploring our new tourist information office in our classroom
- Sharing our learning in assembly
Next week we want to:
- Spend more time in the new hall!
Here is a link below for Spelling City. There are a few tricky word lists to work on.
Each child should also have a tricky word sheet in their purple bags. The Blurbs and Illustrators will have this sheet tomorrow. (Tuesday) Please work on reading and spelling these words with your child.
All children should have a reading book home. Please read a little each day with your child. Point out tricky words, sounds and punctuation- capital letters, full stops.
We have started a new phonics block and we are learning all about the soft ‘c’ sound with a focus on ‘ace’ words.
If a ‘c’ is followed by an ‘e’ then that changes the sound of the ‘c’ to an ‘sss’ sound.
Can you spot any soft ‘c’ sounds in your reading book?
Read and spell the words below
This week we have been subtracting numbers by counting backwards and also using number lines.
Ask a parent/carer to write down a few subtraction facts. Can you work these out?
7-3= 9-4= 6-2=
32- 10= 55-13=
We have started our new topic ‘Scotland’. How exciting! We have been locating the capital city on a map. We have also been painting the Scottish Highlands.
This week we have enjoyed:
- Taking away numbers
- PE- using the equipment in the hall
- Deciding on a new topic
- Making a new role play area.
Next week we would like to:
- Change books in our class library
- Write stories- linked to Scotland