20.9.19 Reflective Friday By Abbi and Alex
• In spelling we were doing the ly pattern e.g. badly, happily. These are examples of adverbs.
• In writing we were planning our imaginative stories. We have to try and use some adverbs to make our stories more engaging for the reader.
• In reading we read chapter 5 of Kensuke’s kingdom and had to infer Michael’s emotions.
• For math’s the Boroughmuir teacher left us assessments to do on algebra. Some of the questions were quite hard e.g. 2x + 15 = 31 others were easier e.g. x+5=35 or 4x=28
• For PE we played a match of touch rugby against the other class.
• This week in topic we were learning about the different types of volcanos.
What we enjoyed
The thing we enjoyed the most was the transition to Boroughmuir were we got to try the lunch food and the food for the breaktime. We also done different activities including … cooking breakfast pots, doing boxing on the rooftop, playing healthy eating games and doing a club fair were you got to see what clubs you can do.
Some home learning we could do this week:
Research some more about the different types of volcanoes, if you want to you can make a ppt to share with the class.
Make a list of some adverbs and wow words to use in our imaginative story.
Create some algebra questions and try and answer them (or get out parents to answer them)
(A suggestion from Mrs Haynes – watch some of the rugby World Cup to see how the professionals play rugby!)
Next week we are going to be doing some volcano art. If you have any corrugated cardboard (not cereal boxes etc.) can you please send this in as a base for our volcano. We also require some some newspaper for this too.