Hello P3M and grown-ups!
I hope you have had a great week; we have had a fun and busy week in school. We have worked really hard to complete our class charter and our Menacing Mowgli’s notice board in the corridor – they look great. This some of the learning we have been up to…
- We have been doing number assessments
- We were counting forwards and back in 2s, 5s, 10s
- Recapping place value with Numicon
- Spelling- we have been trying lots of different spelling activities
(Our words: snip, spot, sleep, scoop, spark, start, stick)
- Miss Scott was with P3M on Wednesday and worked on writing
- We have been thinking about friendship and how we can be good friends to one another
- P.E – games and fitness
- French – our French word of the week is ‘Bonjour!’. We have been practising our French numbers 1-10
- We have been doing reading in school this week. Starting from next week, reading books will go home on a Monday. Reading groups will be fluid and children may change groups based on ongoing teacher assessment.
- Over the next few weeks children may be allocated a book they have read before. 3 classes have come together therefore we need to make new reading groups. Please do not worry about this, all children will be encouraged to develop their reading skills through in class tasks and home activities even if they are repeating a book.
- P.E will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays please come to school dressed for this.
- Miss Scott will teach P3M each Wednesday until the Christmas holidays.
- Please ensure that all children have a waterproof coat in school to allow us to get outside as much as possible.
- Milk: lots of learners are opting not to have their milk in school or are requesting milk when not on the list Please clarify if your child would like to receive milk and make any changes with the office.
- ‘I like doing maths. I like counting in 10s the most’
- ‘I like counting to 1000’
- ‘I liked learning about friendship and how to be kind.’
- ‘I liked counting in 5s. I’m good at it’
- ‘I liked doing my leaf for the class charter’
Next Week’s Spelling words
Drip, crab, brush, frost, tramp, trunk, brick, bring, grunting, printing
I am here to help and support you and your child, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin.
I hope you have a fun and restful weekend. See you on Monday!
Unfortunately, we are having some technical problems posting P3MD’s Reflective Friday. As soon as we can we will get it up.
Thanks for your understanding.
Have a lovely weekend!
This week in P3B:
We have been counting in sequences of 2, 10 and 5.
‘I like counting in 2s because it makes counting faster.’
‘I like counting in 5s because the patterns are really cool.’
We have been practising our cursive handwriting.
‘I want to improve my cursive to write longer words.’
We have been listening to the story ‘The Invisible Boy’ and wrote our own versions of some of the pages that would make Brian, the main character, feel included rather than invisible.
‘I liked writing the plan on a whiteboard.’
‘I liked how they drew the characters.’ (The detail)
We have been revisiting initial consonant blends and have been using the sounds we know to help us spell. We also talked about growing words and parts of speech.
Our words this week were:
snip (snipped, snipping)
spot (spotted, spotting)
start (started, starting)
sleep (slept, sleeping)
We also revised two ‘tricky words’: you and your.
‘I liked learning about verbs.’
‘I enjoyed writing the sentence.’ (Dictation).
‘I liked spelling out words this week.’
We have been learning about the Paralympic Games, friendships and have been doing a bit of fitness in PE. We created little Benjamin Bunnies as part of our class identity display and we also made a class agreement around being ready, respectful and safe at school.
‘I liked decorating the Benjamin Bunnies.’
‘I liked doing PE because I liked all the running around.’
‘I liked creating the Benjamin Bunnies.’
‘I liked outdoor learning.’
Today, as everyone arrived, we were ‘taking a moment’ and listening to some relaxing music whilst doing some mindfulness colouring:
‘I liked the peaceful colouring’.
Our PE days in P3B will be Tuesday and Thursday. Please come to school dressed for PE on these days.
Have a lovely weekend!
Mrs Bailey and P3B
It’s been lovely being back at school this week and finding out what everyone did over the summer. Pupils have enjoyed ‘catching up’ with old friends and getting to know new ones.
This week, all classes in the school have chosen the name of a character from a book as their class name. We decided that our class name, in P3B, should be ‘Bouncing Benjamin Bunnies’.
There will be two days each week when pupils should come to school wearing clothes suitable for participating in PE activities. More information about our regular PE days will be provided soon, but for next week, pupils in P3B should come to school in their PE kit on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Have a great weekend!