- we revised all our tricky words and are practising “write” and “great”
- In spelling we worked on the ending ed sounding like t in words like fished and kicked
- we practised adding ing to a magic e word e.g. make + ing = making
- we wrote a report about the school sports on lined paper
- we practised handwriting c o a d g in our new lined jotter
We learnt all about the illustrator Ross Collins by watching Authors Live.
On our Spelling City page, you can access the tricky word lists and some fun games to play for extra practic
Thank you for your continued support with practising key vocabulary and signing the reading record.
- We are continuing to work in class on predicting, analysing and discussing the wide range of texts we read – including, but not limited to, our home reading books. We would encourage the children to make personal choices of reading material from home and library – school reading books are only a small part of becoming an avid reader.
Numeracy & Mathematics
- We practised sharing things in equal groups related to sports equipment.
- In measurement we counted the number of cubes it would take to balance the scales when weighing objects like a pen, soap , rubber
Other areas of the curriculum
French We looked at the vocabulary for animals.We also continued to practise using greetings such as Salut, Bonsoir, Ça va ,au revoir, bienvenue, asseyez-vous and levez-vous.
We had a great time at the potted sports and all had a favourite event.
Together in Sport Fundraiser
We had a very enterprising 2 days trying to make a difference to other children .
We worked together to write a presentation , divided into groups and then went to every class to read it. We had to answer some hard questions
We made biscuits , approx 10 each ,organised a shop and sold them to the whole school
Our hard work and brilliant effort will make a huge difference to children to access clean water and also be able to eat 2 hot meals per week.
We are still counting how much money we have raised! It was a lot and we are very pleased with our efforts.
We were Superheroes using our power of kindness and sharing, to make a difference .
Have a lovely holiday weekend!