Hello Wonderful Wolves and Happy Friday! 😊
- Next week I will be sending home a pack with the children. This will include reading stage word lists, tricky word lists, reading rockets to support questioning during reading at home and also a copy of the sound diagraphs we have already covered and plan to cover this term. I hope you will find them useful in supporting your child’s learning.
- Please could I remind you that reading books are handed out on a Monday and should come to school every day with your child. The books will be collected in on a Thursday allow us to “quarantine” the books over the weekend and swap them with other groups/classes for the following week. Thank you for your support with this.
- Could I please ask that you return your child’s blue Learning Story folder to school if you have not already done so. Thank you.
- Please label all items of school uniform as we don’t have access to a lost property box – thank you.
In literacy we have covered:
- Reading sentences independently and drawing pictures to match
- Re-cap of sounding out and blending
- Digraphs (-y and igh)
- -y words – fly, shy, cry, fly, magnify, July
- igh words – light, night, fight, high, flight, bright
- Tricky Words (Block 1 – 5 PowerPoints are attached to this post, if you would like to practise at home)
- Reading individually and in small groups
- Reading comprehension strategies; visualisation and recalling main parts e.g. characters and settings, beginning, middle and end and problems and solutions
- Word searches and Boggle
Here is a link the PowerPoints of our Block 1 -5 tricky words:
- A reminder that reading groups have been set up and are based on in-class assessments – these groups are fluid.
- Please don’t be alarmed or worried if your child moves groups – changes are only made in order to support your child’s individual development and engagement
In Numeracy we have covered:
- Numbers bonds to 10, 20 and 100
- Exploring hundreds, tens and units
- Partitioning Numbers
- Addition to 10, 20, 30 and beyond
- Creating repeating patterns/shape
- Sequencing and ordering numbers to 10, 20 100 and beyond
- Chilli Challenge addition
Here are links to a selection of differentiated online games to support your child’s learning at home:
Our P.E days are a Monday and Wednesday.
This week for P.E we focused on:
- Fitness – circuits/jogging
- Cosmic Yoga
- What skills we are developing during P.E
- Tuesday – Weekend Whiteboard
- Wednesday – Fine Motor Control Activity
- Thursday – Literacy Activity
- Friday – Numeracy activity
I hope you have a lovely, relaxing weekend – the weather looks like it should be nice!
Mrs Williamson x 😊