Another super week in the Golden Treasures class. Here’s what we’ve been learning this week.
- Spelling- Team Jewels: initial sounds a, t, p, n
- Team Gold: revision of the ow/ou sound for example: cow, owl, bow, town; loud, cloud, proud, shout Tricky words: into, here
- Team Treasure: spelling words with ai/ay for example: aim, chair, train, straining, stay, pray, today Tricky words: only, old
- Reading- continuing to work on our fluency skills when reading aloud; we completed a how many letters activity and we made character profiles of characters from James and Giant Peach
- Handwriting- continuing to practise our letter formation. We have worked on forming c, C, d, D, e, E and f, F correctly this week.
- Writing- writing super sentences with capital letters and full stops about our friends.
- Dictation of our spelling sounds and writing a sentence.
Numeracy and Maths
- Sequencing/ordering numbers from smallest to largest.
- Counting from a variety of starting points both backwards and forwards.
- Practising counting in 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Working on number bonds to 10, 20 and 100 and knowing these really confidently; making posters about bonds to 10 and 100 with a partner.
- Addition skills: bridging through 10 to add numbers.
- Reading and displaying information in charts: creating our own Carroll diagrams.
- Continuing our learning about sound in science. We thought about how instruments make sounds that were quiet, loud, high and low.
- Outdoor- games to help our teamwork and listening skills- and Letters and Numbers and PE with “Joe”. Choosing our own games to play.
Have a great week off and we look forward to welcoming you back on Tuesday 27th October.
Mrs Graham and Mrs Tweedie