Hello P2M and Happy Friday!
We’ve had an odd week at school this week with holidays and the school being closed yesterday! I hope you had a fun day Learning Together at Home! Don’t worry if you didn’t join the live session or complete the home learning – we understand the change in routine can make this tricky.
This week we have been exploring…….
- Writing ‘All About Me’ as part of our Big Writing Programme
- Writing about Primary 3
- Reading (whole class activity)
- Reading (at home book review)
- Handwriting Practice (cursive and non-cursive)
- Fractions (halves and quarters)
- 3 Times Table (counting in and sequencing 3s)
Other Curricular Areas;
- Music – we recorded our performance today! Information of how we will share this with you will be sent home as soon as possible.
- PE. Team Tig Games
Learn Through Play Activities:
- Looking after the new pets – the snails are still a big hit!
- Marble Run
- Block Play (we have new large blocks)
- STEM activities
- Role Play
- Arts and Crafts table – free choice
- Painting station – free choice
- Literacy games
- Numeracy games
- Mindfulness colouring in
- Drawing table – free choice
Looking forward to next week:
- New sounds – soft c (continued)
- Tricky Word practice (reading and spelling)
- New reading book (new books on Monday)
- 3 Times Table
- Maths – Fractions
- P.E (Monday/Wednesday)
- Outdoor Learning
- Learn Through Play
- Morning Starter/Afternoon Ender
- Learning Stories have been sent home today – we hope you enjoy seeing your child’s learning from last term and their targets for this term
- As we moved closer to Primary 3 we are going to start spending a little bit more time sitting at our own desk!
- We will still be learning through play, have lots of opportunity to lead our learning and make choices too
- This will help us to be ready for Primary 3 after the summer!
- Please remember to bring reading books to school every day – especially a Thursday as that’s collection day
- Some learners in the class have been asking about ‘Show and Tell’. As you can imagine this could become very time consuming and trying to get through everyone would be a tricky task! Although I don’t do ‘Show and Tell’ learners are welcome to share learning and/or achievements from home. If your child would like to do this you are welcome to provide something to display on our ‘Learning At Home’ wall.
- This term learners will be given the opportunity to do a presentation to the class – more information will be shared nearer the time.
- All learners are invited to speak and share with the class, during the ‘whole class input’ part of a lesson and during the ‘plenary’ part of a lesson, daily.
- I hope this reassures everyone that public speaking is a skill we work on daily without the pressure of it feeling like a bigger task
Enjoy the weekend – have fun and stay safe!
Miss McGhee xxx