We hope you all had a lovely break.
This week has been a short one for the children however we have been very busy.
Our learning this week:
We have focused on sentence structure and what to look for when writing a sentence.
Our writing theme was ‘My magic spell’.
- We haven’t sent reading books home this week. Please return any books your child has at home.
- Your child should continue to work on the word wall related to the stage they are reading. They should become confident in reading these words. Remember that they should recognise these words by sight.
- Handwriting, children could continue to practise writing their first and surname in cursive script.
- Continue to practise reading and spelling the tricky words. An idea is to play faster finger: have all the tricky words written or on cards you say a word and the first person to find it wins the card (or a point). Then hide the card and ask your child to write it (double points for this).
We have been learning to count in twos. We read the book ‘How many seeds in a pumpkin’ and estimated how many seeds they were inside the four pumpkins we had at school. We carved them and counted the seeds in twos!
Continue to practice on number formation.
We have used this 100 square website to help us to count in twos and to see the number patterns when counting in twos:
- Continue to work on addition skills:
As part of the school focus on Black History Month we have been learning about Rosa Parks: her life, why it was important what she did, etc. We discussed about on fair/unfair rules and about being all equal no matter our skin colour.
Here is a video of the book we read at school.
We made a fantastic display at school!
PE we have worked on listening, team work, balance and eye-hand coordination skills.
As part of our outdoor learning we did an Autumn scavenger hunt.
- Loose parts on Wednesday 2nd November.
- Next Friday Drop-in of the session. The school will be open for half an hour from 8.55am until 9.25am and parents are invited to visit their child’s classroom during this time. This an opportunity to see your child’s learning at school..
- Please ensure your child brings a jacket every day to school.
- Thank you for your support in emptying the purple folders each day.
- A reminder to name all items of clothing and shoes, and to check names on items brought home in case your child accidentally acquires a jumper belonging to someone else.
- We would appreciate donations of any unwanted empty or partially used notebooks or diaries (used pages can be removed). Also, any enticing writing implements (i.e., glittery pencils/gel pens/ pencils with feathers etc – anything other than standard school issue type pencils/pens). The children enjoy choosing resources from the table to use in their independent learning.
- We are looking for small pieces of ‘junk’ for modelling e.g., toothpaste boxes, tea bag boxes, snack bar boxes. The more interesting shapes the better!
Have a lovely weekend (Remember we have an extra hour!)
Mrs de Bonrostro