We hope you had a lovely week.
This week we have been learning:
This week we have been learning about pattern. What is a pattern, follow a pattern, finding the rule of a pattern, etc. A pattern can involve shapes, symbols and numbers.
We also have worked on addition.
Ideas to do at home:
Look for patterns at home or when on a walk. Ask your child to try to find the rule of the pattern.
Please continue to practice number formation as we are finding that children are reversing numbers when writing them.
We have been learning about soft c. Soft c is when the letter c makes the ‘s’ sound. Magic e is making the a say its name. Also, when ce come together the sound is always s and the e is silent.
Tricky words: school, before, because.
Our reading books are non- fiction books and we are focusing on reading for information.
Writing focus this week has been ‘My home’. Children are learning to use interesting describing words. We will continue to develop this skill for several weeks.
Ideas to do at home:
- Practice the tricky words: school, because and before.
- Watch again this video:
- Practice cursive letter formation. Please reinforce how to hold the pencil correctly and the right letter formation.
In PE we have started to work on our Fitness skills. We have focus on landing.
In Science we have been learning about Energy.
We enjoyed Loose parts despite the rain.
As part of our Social Studies topic, we did a Friday walk outside the school to observe the features of our local area. It was a lovely walk and the children were so well behaved. Thank you to the parents who were able to help on this occasion.
We had our very first live assembly with other classes in the school hall today!
These are photos that the children have taken themselves of the work they feel proud of!
- Loose Parts on Friday 20th
- We sent home indoor shoes at the end of last term for you to check that they still fit. If you have not either returned or replaced the indoor shoes, please could you do this as soon as possible. Thank you for your support with this. As we mentioned before they could use the same for PE if they are trainers.
- Please label all your child’s items (including gloves, hats and water bottles).
Have a lovely weekend!
Mrs de Bonrostro