Historically we have found this to be a problem. By following this procedure all seems to work.
- Sign on with Admin user account – email@example.com
- On the Dashboard find, Users/Invite New – add the new user (use email account) with Role = “Author”
- This will send an email to the user inviting them to join.
- DO NOT accept the invitation.
- First follow the link in the email to create a wordpress login – username = “cec9876543” (cec pay no.) User names are “cec” for city edinburgh council followed by the pay number
- This will send an email to confirm the user – which you agree to.
- Return to the first email and Accept the Invitation (do not log out of wordpress)
- This will then show up on the user list as user has accepted the invitation
- Edit the User profile so “Public Display Name” is Staff..999, where 999 is the last 3 digits of the pay number.