Hello Wonderful Wolves and Happy Friday!
We have had another fantastic week of learning! The children have settled in really well and we are much more used to our new routines now too! 😊
In literacy we have covered:
- Single sounds of the alphabet
- Sounding out/blending/spelling CVC words
- Re-cap of sounding out and blending
- Digraphs (sh, ch, wh, th)
- Spelling words with digraph sounds (sh, ch, wh, th) independently
- Letter formation
- Reading assessments
In Numeracy we have covered:
- Recognising numbers to 30
- Ordering numbers to 30
- Numbers bonds to 10
- We played number bonds bingo and Around the World which was fun!
- Addition to 10, 20 and 30
- Number formation
Our P.E days are a Monday and Wednesday.
This week for P.E the weather was a bit of a challenge, however we focused on:
- Team work, hand/eye co-ordination and listening skills
- Fitness – games/circuits outside (high knees, lunging, jogging, jumping and shape movements), we also tried to run a mile within the school playground!
- Monday – Weekend Whiteboard
- Tuesday – Literacy Activity
- Wednesday – Literacy Activity
- Thursday – Numeracy activity
- Friday – Numeracy Activity
How does outdoor learning and P.E help to keep us healthy?
“Exercise is healthy.” Vinnie
“Because you run about and running about keeps you healthy!” Erin
“When we are outside we get fresh air which is good for your lungs!” Sophie and Erin
“We did yoga and it’s good for moving your muscles and being relaxed.” – Jacob
“It can burn fat.” – Jamie
“It keeps your body and brain fit.” Annie and Isabella
“It’s good for our hearts.” Ben
- Home reading will start on Monday (07.09.2020)
- A new book will come home on a Monday and be collected on a Thursday – This will allow us to “quarantine” the books over the weekend and swap them with other groups/classes.
- Reading should come to school every day – please use your child’s purple folder to transport reading books to and from school. Books will stay in these folders and only come out at your child’s reading time
- I have set up new groups based on in-class assessments – these groups are fluid.
- Please don’t be alarmed or worried if your child moves groups – changes are only made in order to support your child’s individual development.
- I will re-assess reading over the next few weeks and make any changes/swaps necessary.
- I have attached an “at home reading guide” to support you at home – a paper copy will also be sent home on Monday with your child’s first book.
- At Home Reading Guide: Reading With Your Child at Home
- There will be no reading log book sent home – any reading information you need will be posted on the class blog.
- Please refer to the “at home reading guide” to support you with reading at home.
- Child specific information will be emailed via the Office Admin account.
- P.E is outside – we are trying our best to work with new guidelines re Covid-19 and deliver quality P.E.
- Windows are open in the classroom from 07.30 – 15.00. They are closed at the end of the day, so we can be organised for home time.
- Once we are more settled I will start to put photographs of our learning on the blog – at the moment with limited time in school this isn’t possible. We do have some super photos on our classroom display!
- Please label all items of school uniform as we don’t have access to a lost property box – thank you.
Have a lovely, fun weekend and I will see you all on Monday.
Mrs Williamson x