Hello Magic Monkeys and Happy Friday!
We have had another super week of learning! The children have really settled well
In literacy we have covered:
- Single sounds of the alphabet
- Sounding out/blending/spelling CVC words
- Re-cap of sounding out and blending
- Digraphs (sh, ch, wh, th)
- Spelling words with middle sounds (a,e,i,o,u) independently
- Spelling words with digraph sounds (ch, sh, wh, th) independently
- We played digraph bingo and even had some prizes!
- Letter formation
- Reading assessments
- Reading Groups – in class
In Numeracy we have covered:
- Recognising numbers to 30
- Ordering numbers to 30
- Numbers bonds to 10
- Addition to 10, 20 and 30
- Chilli Challenge addition
- Number formation
- Fitness – circuits outside (high knees, shuttle runs, jogging, step ups, lunges)
- Monday – Weekend Whiteboard
- Tuesday – Literacy Activity
- Wednesday – Learning Partner activity
- Thursday – Numeracy activity
- Friday – Music activity
Something I have learned this week:
Writing about the weekend – Lily
Playing with the popcorn and finding the letters we have been learning – Zoe
I’ve been in my reading group – Scarlett
I’ve been learning lots of sounds – Beth
Addition calculations – Mahdis
I like doing number bonds – Max
I like doing reading groups – Lewis
I like writing – Jack
I like the chilli challenge – Hannah
- Home reading will start on Monday (07.09.2020)
- A new book will come home on a Monday and be collected on a Thursday – This will allow us to “quarantine” the books over the weekend and swap them with other groups/classes.
- Reading should come to school everyday – please use your child’s purple folder to transport reading books to and from school. Books will stay in these folders and only come out at your child’s reading time
- I have set up new groups based on in-class assessments – these groups are fluid.
- Please don’t be alarmed or worried if your child moves groups – changes are only made in order to support your child’s individual development.
- I will re-assess reading over the next few weeks and make any changes/swaps necessary.
- I have attached an “at home reading guide” to support you at home – a paper copy will also be sent home on Monday with your child’d first book.
- At Home Reading Guide: Reading With Your Child at Home
- There will be no reading log book sent home – any reading Information you need will be posted on the class blog.
- Please refer to the “at home reading guide” to support you with reading at home.
- Child specific information will be emailed via the Office Admin account.
- P.E is outside – we are trying our best to work with new guidelines re Covid-19 and deliver quality P.E.
- Windows are open in the classroom from 07.30 – 15.00. They are closed at the end of the day so we can be organised for home time.
- Once we are more settled I will start to put photographs of our learning on the blog – at the moment with limited time in school this isn’t possible. We do have some super photo on our classroom display!
- Please label all items of school uniform as we don’t have access to a lost property box – thank you.
Have a lovely weekend – have fun and stay safe,