Today we are sending home reading books with every child. Please share the book with your child and return the book to school each day so that they are available to work with, as we will use them for tasks in class. Books will be collected in each Thursday with new book(s) handed out the following Monday.
Have a look at the document below for some ideas about how to share and enjoy reading with your child at home. A copy of this will be sent home today with your child’s reading book.
An adult will read with children in their reading groups regularly throughout the week. However, the days that your child reads aloud to an adult may vary from week to week.
All children are working on correctly spelling Block 1 and 2 tricky words.
P2s are revising the sounds ai/ay for example rain, brain, day, may.
P3s are working on initial consonant blends. Here is their list of words- they have chosen in class whether to work on the core or challenge list. The list is in case you would like to practise at home.
Core word list
Challenge word list
The P3 tricky words this week are: here, there, go, so no
- Buckstone Primary School
- Family Support (Community and Beyond)
- Financial Support and Advice (Government and other institutions)
- Intervention Groups
- P1 Bright Sparks – Miss Croal
- P1 Master Minds – Mrs Bailey & Mrs Munro
- P1 Whizz Kids – Mrs Cross
- P2 Different Dashes – Mrs DeBonrostro
- P2 Magical Nurses Mrs McFarlane and Mrs Nicholson
- P6 Camp 2022
- P6M Bonaly 22
- Primary 1
- Social and Emotional Needs