Hello Wonderful Wolves and Happy Friday!
What a busy week of learning we have had! The children have worked hard on their learning this week – I am very proud of them! 😊
In literacy we have covered:
• CVC words
• Reading sentences independently and drawing pictures to match
• Re-cap of sounding out and blending
• Spelling words with digraph sounds (ai and ay) independently
• Tricky Words
• Reading comprehension strategies; visualisation and recalling main parts
• Reading and spelling assessments
In Numeracy we have covered:
• Ordering and sequencing numbers up to 100
• Numbers bonds to 10 and 20
• We played number bonds bingo and Around the World which was fun!
• Addition to 10, 20, 30 and beyond
Our P.E days are a Monday and Wednesday.
This week for P.E we focused on fitness, co-ordination and team work:
• Fitness stations and relay races
• Monday – Weekend Whiteboard
• Tuesday – Numeracy Activity
• Wednesday – Numeracy activity
• Thursday – Literacy Activity
• Friday – Literacy Activity
Why is it important to be a kind and helpful class?
“It will make everybody happy!” Erin and Annie
“It’s nice to help people when they fall – its kind.” Maika
“So we can all be friends.” Jessica
“It makes people smile.” Erin
“So we can get things done quicker.” Ben
• A new book will come home on a Monday and be collected on a Thursday – This will allow us to “quarantine” the books over the weekend and swap them with other groups/classes.
• Reading should come to school every day – please use your child’s purple folder to transport reading books to and from school. Books will stay in these folders and only come out at your child’s reading time
• I have set up new groups based on in-class assessments – these groups are fluid.
• Please don’t be alarmed or worried if your child moves groups – changes are only made in order to support your child’s individual development.
• I will re-assess reading over the next few weeks and make any changes/swaps necessary.
• I have attached an “at home reading guide” to support you at home – a paper copy will also be sent home on Monday with your child’s first book.
• At Home Reading Guide: Reading With Your Child at Home
• There will be no reading log book sent home – any reading information you need will be posted on the class blog.
• Please refer to the “at home reading guide” to support you with reading at home.
• Child specific information will be emailed via the Office Admin account.
• P.E is outside – we are trying our best to work with new guidelines re Covid-19 and deliver quality P.E.
• Windows are open in the classroom from 07.30 – 15.00. They are closed at the end of the day, so we can be organised for home time.
• Once we are more settled I will start to put photographs of our learning on the blog – at the moment with limited time in school this isn’t possible. We do have some super photos on our classroom display!
• Please label all items of school uniform as we don’t have access to a lost property box – thank you.
Have a lovely, relaxing weekend and I will see you all on Monday.