Hello Magic Monkeys and Happy Friday!
In literacy we have covered:
- Single sounds of the alphabet
- Sounding out/blending/spelling CVC words
- Independent writing ‘At the Weekend’
- Sounding out and spelling ai and ay words
- Digraphs (ai and ay)
- ai words – nail, jail, pain, rain, brain, train
- ay words – day, pay, say, play, clay, tray
- We played digraph bingo and even had some prizes!
- Creating word searches
- Letter formation – cursive and non-cursive
- Reading Groups – in class
- Reading sent home
In Numeracy we have covered:
- Number bonds to 10
- Number bonds to 20
- Addition to 10, 20 and beyond
- Addition with missing numbers (eg 5 + ? = 9)
- Exploring tens and units
- Chilli Challenge addition
- Number formation
- Fitness – circuits outside
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- What skills are we developing during P.E discussions
- Monday – Weekend Whiteboard
- Tuesday – Literacy Activity
- Wednesday – Learning Partner activity
- Thursday – Numeracy activity
- Friday – Exercise activity
Something I would like to learn:
“art and make toy castles” – Eesha
“about space” – Lily
“tricky words in books, really tricky words!” – Louise
“more about insects” – Mahdis
“About dinosaurs” – Max
“about being a police officer” – Rayyan
“more about reading so I can read a whole book” – Hugo
“more about maths and maths up to 100” – Megan
“about the sea” – Carl
“about addition calculations” –Lewis
“Shapes” – Roman
“about earthquakes” – Eliza
“about the jungle” – Ella
- Reading books were sent home on Monday (07.09.2020)
- A new book will come home on a Monday and be collected on a Thursday – This will allow us to “quarantine” the books over the weekend and swap them with other groups/classes.
- Reading should come to school every day – please use your child’s purple folder to transport reading books to and from school. Books will stay in these folders and only come out at your child’s reading time
- I have set up new groups based on in-class assessments – these groups are fluid.
- Please don’t be alarmed or worried if your child moves groups – changes are only made in order to support your child’s individual development.
- I will re-assess reading over the next few weeks and make any changes/swaps necessary.
- I have attached an “at home reading guide” to support you at home – a paper copy was sent home on Monday along with your child’s first book.
- At Home Reading Guide: Reading With Your Child at Home
- There will be no reading log book sent home – any reading information you need will be posted on the class blog.
- Please refer to the “at home reading guide” to support you with reading at home.
- Child specific information will be emailed via the Office Admin account.
- Learning Folders will be sent home today – we are still awaiting folder so for now your child’s learning story is in a ‘polly-pocket’
- Please keep this at home – I have the originals to file when the folders come in.
- Small plea – if any has anyone unwanted/unloved dominoes at home we would love to have them at school to support our learning!
- Once we are more settled I will start to put photographs of our learning on the blog – at the moment with limited time in school this isn’t possible. We do have some super photos on our classroom display!
- Please label all items of school uniform as we don’t have access to a lost property box – thank you.
- If possible please fill your child’s bottle with water, thank you.
- Please feel free to contact me via Office Admin if you have any questions
Have a lovely weekend – have fun and stay safe,