Hello Wonderful Wolves and Happy Friday!
The children have worked hard on their learning this week – well done P2W! 😊
- Please could I remind you that reading books are handed out on a Monday and should come to school every day with your child. The books will be collected in on a Thursday allow us to “quarantine” the books over the weekend and swap them with other groups/classes for the following week. Thank you for your support with this.
- Could I please ask that you return your child’s blue Learning Story folder to school if you have not already done so. Thank you.
In literacy we have covered:
- Reading sentences independently and drawing pictures to match
- Re-cap of sounding out and blending
- Digraphs (ee and ea)
- ee words – leek, weed, tree, sleep, sheep
- ea words – bead, seat, leaf, seal, speak
- Tricky Words (Block 1 – 5 PowerPoints are attached to this post, if you would like to practise at home)
- Reading individually and in small groups
- Reading comprehension strategies; visualisation and recalling main parts e.g. characters and settings, beginning, middle and end and problems and solutions
- Writing linked to ‘My Family’
- Letter formation – cursive and non cursive
Here is a link the PowerPoints of our Block 1 -5 tricky words:
In Numeracy we have covered:
- Numbers bonds to 10, 20 and 100
- Exploring tens and units
- Partitioning Numbers
- Addition to 10, 20, 30 and beyond
- Creating repeating patterns/shape
- Skip counting in 2s, 10s and 5s
Here are links to a selection of differentiated online games to support your child’s learning at home:
Our P.E days are a Monday and Wednesday.
This week for P.E we focused on fitness, co-ordination and team work:
- Fitness stations and relay races
- Playing games to support listening skills and team work
- Monday – Weekend Whiteboard
- Tuesday – Numeracy Activity
- Wednesday – Literacy Activity
- Thursday – Literacy Activity
- Friday – Numeracy activity
- A reminder that reading groups have been set up and are based on in-class assessments – these groups are fluid.
- Please don’t be alarmed or worried if your child moves groups – changes are only made in order to support your child’s individual development and engagement.
- I will continue to re-assess reading over the next few weeks and make any changes/swaps necessary.
- P.E is outside – we are trying our best to work with new guidelines re Covid-19 and deliver quality P.E.
- Windows are open in the classroom from 07.30 – 15.00. They are closed at the end of the day, so we can be organised for home time.
- Once we are more settled I will start to put photographs of our learning on the blog – at the moment with limited time in school this isn’t possible. We do have some super photos on our classroom display!
- Please label all items of school uniform as we don’t have access to a lost property box – thank you.
Remember it is a long weekend this week so no school on Monday! I hope you have a fantastic time and I will see you all on Tuesday.
Mrs Williamson x 😊