We hope you have a great week. It was lovely to finally meet you all at school. The children were delighted to see you in their classroom.
Our learning this week:
Children have taken photos of their proud moments while learning independently.
Our focus has been counting forwards and backwards, working out the number before and the number after a given number, sharing equally an amount of items and adding using a number line.
We have continued to work on the tricky words from block 1, 2 and 3 and initial blends.
We have started to work on cursive handwriting: letters i, l and t.
At writing our theme was ‘ When I go home’.
We have worked on balancing skills: static and dynamic balance.
We are working on the wellbeing indicators. So far we have worked on being safe and active.
We made our oo words using different items.
Things to remember:
- We are looking for a missing blue raincoat. It has been labelled. Please could you check if your child has brought home the right one? Thank you.
- We are practicing reading skills at school. Reading books will be sent home after the week after September weekend. We will be sending books home on Thursdays and, as last year, it will be to show case the children’s learning.
- Thank you for the table to our generous donor!
- Please we will be grateful if you could continue with your junk donations for our STEM area (cardboard boxes, tubes, plastic pots, etc).
Ideas for learning at home
- Count backwards and forwards from a given number.
- Say the number before and the number after a given number: it could be a bus number, a house number, etc.
- Practice writing number formation. There are quite a few children who a reversing numbers after the summer holidays.
- Practice our tricky words.
- Talk about feelings after a nice time, tricky situation, etc. You can ask them the colours for different feelings .from the Colour Monster book
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs de Bonrostro