We have had a busy week in P2MN and it was great to see so many of you at Meet the Teacher.
We are looking for small pieces of ‘junk’ for modelling e.g. toothpaste boxes, tea bag boxes, snack bar boxes. The more interesting shapes the better! A couple of things to note:
- We don’t have space to store larger pieces so please only send in smaller ones.
- No packaging which has contained nuts.
- We are particularly looking for tin cans (with labels removed) and egg boxes.
We are also looking for milk bottle tops (any colour) please!
Thank you very much in advance.
In number work we have been:
- Counting forwards and backwards to 30 (and in some cases beyond!)
- Saying the next 3 numbers before or after in a sequence
- Recognising 2 digit numbers
Here is a game to play which will reinforce learning in class.
In literacy we have been revising and consolidating the sounds we have learned so far:
Initial sounds of the alphabet, sh, ch, th, wh, ee and oo.
Here is a game to play at home to reinforce learning in class.
Our writing focus was ‘Things I love about myself’. We are working hard to remember capital letters at the beginning of our sentences and finger spaces between words.
Please continue to work on tricky words. Please find attached Block 1 – Block 3.
HWB and Other areas of the curriculum:
- This week we have agreed on our new class charter to be ready, respectful and safe. We have discussed what this will look and feel like in our class.
- In PE we have focussed on balance and co-ordination while playing games in groups.
- We have continued to use a range of picture books to explore our own diversity and uniqeuenss.
- We have been introduced to the wellbeing indicators SHANARRI (Safe, Healthy, Achieving, Nurtured, Active, Respected, Responsible and Included) and we talked about how it applies to us.
Here are some photos of classroom activities we have been engaging with.
Have a lovely weekend!